The Day’s Delicious
Assorted nonsense and marginally relevant shenanigans via my personal delicious.com bookmarks.
- What Twitter and Facebook Can Learn From Phish: To borrow a phrase from Ken Kesey, "You're either on the bus…or off the bus." I dig this article for the linkage between musical communities and online social communities (a double soft spot for me) and the solid conclusions the author draws.
- What the F**K is Social Media: One Year Later: The best line in this? "Hope is not a strategy." Brilliant.
- Foursquare: Why It May Be the Next Twitter: Being a hopeless social media geek, I'm going to have to give this a go. Here's hoping that it's more socially hip than my Mafia Wars habit on Facebook…
- Ignore Everybody: When Hugh MacLeod was a struggling young copywriter, living in a YMCA, he started to doodle on the backs of business cards while sitting at a bar. Those cartoons eventually led to a popular blog – gapingvoid.com – and a reputation for pithy insight and humor, in both words and pictures.
- 50 New CSS Techniques For Your Next Web Design: Keeping tabs on this for a closer look-see later.